Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 May 2012

DMP AMPLIFIED

Hello Puppets *stolen pet name* lol..... hope you are all well. It's been a while since we blogged *yes a week is a while* BUT we are back at it again (^^,)

We got the pleasure of featuring Mr Paul Phiri aka DjMonateP this week, was pretty chuffed about this interview.....and I would like to thank him for allowing us to invade his space.
Hope you enjoy xoxo



WHO IS DMP? 
"DMP is a all round Hustler. I have been in the industry for almost 8 years now but Djing for 3-4years. Throughout the years, I’ve picked up a skill that expands my knowledge of the industry I want to be in. I love introducing new way of looking at the industry."say DMP *who will be refered to as Paul*, he has been invovled in marketing for Cartoon Network, Johnnie Walker and also a Peter Styvesent Rep. he is also an up and coming Dj, plays a mixture of commercial, underground hip hop and Kwaito.
Paul continues to say to tell us about his love for traveling and meeting new people all the time, "I am also known to design graphics and clothing for males and females, all under the FIGURE OF SPEECH stable. So I’ve put everything that I know now and created a service for people who request it. FIGURE OF SPEECH started in my first year of varsity."

BERLIN NIGHTS
There used to be an event on thursday nights called Berlin Nights, which were a hit and we made sure we were there every thursday. LOL why have they stopped? "Berlin nights were actually every thursday and friday, I started Berlin Nights with Deejays NDubble and Mr Phixit. we don't really want to  bring them back because we've separated as a crew so im solo now" Paul also states that he brings the same feel and music need of Berlin Nights in his party sets and has plans for the Berlin Brand for the future.




ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
Any given Sunday is a grown up version of the Past Berlin night. A calmer version that gives people the same quality of music we play. We will be coming back in summer, with new ideas and new sponsor for grown music lovers to engage with.

RIVALS IN ROMANCE
The first time we saw and heard of Paul he was on the local reality show called Rivals In Romance, he states how it was the best time in his life "I always wanted to be on a reality show, what made it more amazing was winning the show. The woman that won and I decided to not carry on with the show and went our separate ways."
Rivals in Romance was the first of it's kind in South Africa, Paul's agency did not assist him much in getting other work, "I had to work hard to get other jobs on TV. Thought it would be easier but I had to do my thing to get noticed" Paul did a Chevy advert, Castle Lager advert for Pan Africa and feature in a few Basket Ball events with SABC 1 and AND1 Africa.


AND1 AMBASSADOR
Growing up Paul played basket ball for a club in observatory next to Eastgate. At the age of 14 he was then captain of the team. "The amazing people at AND1 Africa used to be my coaches as a kid, now they own AND1 Africa and decided to make me the Ambassador because I can play basketball and I Dj." AND1 Africa is owned by Bibi Moeketsi, they have just started with a 3 on 3 ladies tournament  around South Africa, giving female basketball players an opportunity to Win Bursaries, Cash Prizes and Amazing AND 1 basketball gear. AND1 will be doing a Male tournament around SA as well after the ladies have shown their Basket ball skills. Durban, Cape Town and Bloemfontein should look for these events.
For more info connect twitter: @AND1_Africa
Facebook: AND1 Africa
Twitter: DMonateP




No comments: